"The Story of the Fortunate One"
by KRISHNA-DVAIPÂYANA VYÂSA
- All Books big and small of Swami Prabhupâda: free downloadable on-line (zip). Inclucing the Caitanya Caritâmrita, the Srîmad Bhâgavatam and the Krishna-book.
- The Prabhupada Audio and Video archives.
- Scriptural Study: Books to download: by the Prabhupada Network. Downloads available here are said to be just excerpts.
- Original Bücher von Srila Prabhupâda online. The editions in German; of some only the pictures or one volume are available. Includedb are highlights of the Mahâbharata in german and old isues of Back To Godhead.
- Hare Krishna.org: Srîla-Prabhupâda-books; free downloads.
- Krishna.com: downloads, wallpaper, links etc.
- Bhaktivedanta Vedabase Network: all the BBT-books complete with purports and Sanskrit.
- Bhaktivedanta Memorial Library: the library of vaishnava authors.
- Hindu-tube: site with video and audio about the vedic culture.
- A glimpse of Krishna: art and poetry by Madhava Priya Devi Dasi.
- Bhakti-art: windows into the spiritual realm.
- Hare Krishna: Krishna art gallery
- Hare Krishna;New Radhakunda: krishna-art-gallery
- Srîmad Bhâgavatam: pictures: all the pictures to the 12 canto's of the Bhagavata purâna and the Bhagavad Gîtâ.
- Vedic Art Gallery : pictures of the hindu Gods.
- Krishna Pages of the Vahini Art gallery: collection of ancient Krishna Art from Vahini.org.
- Krsna-art.com: all the great paintings including the names of the artists.
- Black Peacock: India Miniatures in different styles of Deities, Krishna and His Incarnations and Gaudiya-vedanta-philospohy.
- Reality, the Beautiful: the classical paintings of ISKCON made by Drigha Dasi.
- Raja Rajiv Varma: 'A Prince Among Painters and A Painter Among Princes'
- Sri Sistla Ramakrishna Rao: Nail Art Ramâyana: drawn are "Nail" portraits of the entire Ramâyana of six Kandas and Uttarakanda consisting of the important episodes of this Adi Kavya with brief narratives.
- Matchless gifs.com: Get your Krishna artwork and everything else you need.
- Pictures of Hindu deities.
- Send a Krishna e-card with your personal greetings.
- Krishna art books and more Krishna art books to buy
- About Swami Prabhupâda: a website about his life and teachings.(site also offering lectures in Audio).
- Bhajan Kirtan: a linklist to all kinds of bhajan-sites.
- Krishna Kirtana songbook a mahâ mega project to be as complete as possible.
- Bhajan Hindu - Downloads in mp3.
- Krishna Bhajan - 70 vaishnava bhajans in mp3 with chords and sing-along files.
- Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Mandir: vaishnava audio lectures and bhajans.
- Sri Guru Vandana: aims to present the line of Gaudiya Vaisnava spirituality as maintained by its representatives in the modern-day world. Here you will find a selection of accurate editions of their original writings, transcriptions of their speeches and conversations, recordings of their devotional songs, etc. Special emphasis is given to works originally published in the English language by the Vaisnava Acharyas.
- Radio ISKCON Leicester,
- Radio Krishna Centrale: all the popular Krishna-files known of diverse artists.
- Audio ISKCON Desire tree
- Braja Mandala: Vrindâvana info.
- Brahma Sûtra:
- Introduction Commentaries Notes
- (Introduction to the) Brahma Sutras: the Nyaya Prasthana by Swami Atmananda.
- The Brahma Sutra's by by Swami Sivananda Founder of The Divine Life Society; Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India.
- An Analysis of the Brahma Sutra by Swami Krishnananda The Divine Life Society Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India .
- The Intergated Life According to the Brahma Sutra Discourses by Swami Krishnananda The Divine Life Society Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India .
- The Sutra Vahini: the Brahma Sutra according Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba (download123 Kb)
- The Path of Yoga: on-line free e-book presented by the Bhaktivedanta Book trust. His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupâda explains that beyond the postures and exercises, the ancient teachings of yoga aims at lasting, loving union with the supreme.
- Articles and books on line offered by the Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math: books and articles of the great acârya's.
- BBT: The Bhaktivedanta Booktrust catalogue. The hare Krishna site (ISKCON) where one can order the printed version of the Srîmad Bhâgavatam with the extensive commentary of Swami Prabhupâda.
- Bhâgavatam, Srîmad:
- S'rîmad Bhâgavatam lectures by Dinadhyâtmâ Prabhu.
- Bhagavata: Srila Bhaktivinod Thâkur: supplement to the Bhâgavatam.
- Bhagavata Vahini: Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's further exposition on the heart of the subject.
- Prabhupâda's 619 lectures on the Bhâgavatam in real audio.
- Bhaktivedanta Vedabase : Srîmad Bhâgavatam: full version of the complete Bhagavatam as offered by ISKCON, including a Sanskrit database and the purports.
- S'rîmad Bhâgavatam Audio
- Ancient Knowledge of the Vedas and Bhagvatam (video)
- Brihad-Bhâgavatâmrita Study Guide: Download - BBStudy.zip 43 kB
- English translation of the entire Bhâgavata Purâna. (Non-concatenated S'rîmad Bhâgavatam, Collected and edited by Jay Mazo from unknown sources as a Microsoft Word 726 page document in WinZip (In association with the American Gita Society 1.3 Mb) Microsoft Word 726 page document in WinZip (1.3 Mb)
- The concise S'rîmad Bhâgavatam edited and translated by Swami Venkatesananda. 1989. State University of New York press. Albany (incomplete Google book pdf).
- FAQ: Bhagavân over Bhâgavatam: Sathya Sai Baba's 100 comments on the Bhâgavatam; collected over the years and presented in the form of a FAQ-page.
- Lectures on the Srîmad Bhâgavatam in Real audio (ISKCON)
- Srimad Bhagavatam Treasury: pictures, downloads of the book, links and music of the Vaishnava âcârya's.
- Srimad Bhagavatam: in German praise of the Bhâgavatam by different renown personalities plus the pictures of Canto 1.
- (Swedish) Srîmad Bhâgavatam in Swedish: Srîmad-Bhagavatam kan väl i det närmaste betraktas som bhâgavata-filosofins bibel (excl. word for word, purports and no Sanskrit)
- Srîmad Bhâgavatam: its message for the modern man. Introduction by Swami Shantananda Puri
- Article on: Studies in Life Sciences Explanation of the processes and principles of life as described in the Bhagavata Purana. Principles of Matter and Spirit .
- Studying Srîmad Bhâgavatam From Vedanta-sutra: by Suhotra Swami Download - Vedanta.zip 434 kB
- Tales From The Bhagavatham: Retold For Children. By P . S . Krishna Iyer. See also download at vahini.org
- The Ten Subjects of Srimad Bhagavatam: by the Audarya felowship: spiritual discussions-Bhagavatam).
- Lord Krishna, His Lilas and Teachings: The life, the Lilas and teachings of Lord Krishna depicted in a lucid and inspiring style by a realised saint. A condensed version for the busy person without time to go through the entire tenth and eleventh chapters of the Srimad Bhagavata. Download 500 k from : Books by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.
- Mysteries of the Sacred Universe: The Cosmology of the Bhagavata Purana.
- Uddhava Gita: canto 11 chapters 6-29.
- Srîmad Bhâgavatam in Real Audio by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Narrated by Amala-bhakta dasa (commercial offer with two samples: Canto 3; Chapter 18; Chapter 19).
- Bhagavata Saptaaha - a traditional seven day reading by the devotees of Sathya Sai Baba (download complete text).
- Discourses of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba on S'rîmad Bhâgavatam - Summer Showers in Brindavan - 1995
- The Antarbrahmandiya Sanskriti Kendra presents free .wma and .rm audio files for you to download featuring Sri Swami Shyam Paramahansa Mahârâj's Commentary on the stories in the S'rîmad Bhâgavatam.
- A new translation by Gabriel Pradipaka including fragments of the authoritative Shriidhara's commentary
- There are several great stotras addressed to Vishnu as well as Lord Krishna in the Bhagwatha Purana. A translation of some of them by P.R. Ramachander can be found in web sites/blogs. Here is a list:
4.Prahladha Stuthi and here,
5.Gajendra Moksha Stuthi
6.Devaki Garbha Sthuthi
12. Dhruva Stuti
13.Yagna Varaha stuthi
- Bhagavatham, the Story of Lord Krishna verses from every skanda of the bhagavatam with illustrations of nail art by Sri Sistla Ramakrishna Rao.
- Bhagavad Gîtâ:
- A Song Of Fortune: A Modern Gîtâ (classical version): Gnosis is the spiritual knowledge of Christianity which not only connects all Christians, but also all others who believe in an ideal spirit. Therefore is, concerning this true mystery, in this modern version of the Bhagavad Gîtâ the knowledge of finding liberation in the spirit called filognosy, the love for the gnosis, the love to be knowledgeable and connected in spiritual matters.
- Bhagavad Gîtâ by Sanderson Beck.
- Bhagavad Gîtâ by Ramanad Prasad (American Gita society).
- Bhagwad Gita This rendering, authored by one of the most respected Hindu philosophers, Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji is published by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- treatise of self-help' by B.S Murthy.
- Bhagvad-Gita: Treatise of Self-help - by BS Murthy, published by Project Gutenberg Self-publishing Press as free ebook, website.
- ° Dailyreadings: Daily readings from the Song of God, The Bhagavad Gita (translated by Swami Sivananda with practical commentary by Swami Venkatesananda.(Divine Life Society).
- Gîtâ for Children from vahini.org.
- Gita for free: The aim of the Gita doctrine is to lead one to tranquility, happiness and equanimity. No rituals are prescribed. Webpresentation in seven languages: English Spanish, Dutch, Hindi, Hebrew, German, French.
- Online Gita: the song of God (onlinedarshan.com).
- The Bhagavad-Gita in 3D , A study of three levels of knowledge in the Bhagavad-Gîta.
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ -as-it-is by Swami Bhaktivedânta Prabhupâda.
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ -as-it-is: online (version 1.0)
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ -as-it-is in Audio in seven languages presented by gitamrta.org. Sanskrit, Hindi, Gujrati, English, Spanish, French, Arabic.
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ -as-it-is: in four languages
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ -as-it-is: the revisions.
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ by the Bhagavad Gîtâ Trust.
- The Bhagavad Gita by the Bhagavad Gita Trust With real audio in all important languages.
- The Bhagavad Gîtâ en Français, in English en in het Nederlands - translated by Philippe De Coster.
- Listen to the 700 verses of the Bhagavad-gitâ as it is with one click t0 karamsad.com.
- (Swedish) Bhagavad-Gîtâ in Swedish: Bhagavad-gîtâ är en bok som kan anses vara mycket speciell.
- The Bhagavad Gîta of Order: The original text as close to the Sanskrit of the Mahâbhârata; Bhishma-Parva ch.23-40, as possible .
- Discourses on the Gita : by a noted Gandhian and freedom fighter, Acharya Vinoba Bhave, this is a very well regarded discourse series on Bhagwad Gita
- Complete translation of Bhagwad Gita by Sir Edwin Arnold. This translation is easy to read, but does not offer commentary.
- Sai Baba Gita: The Way to Self-Realization and Liberation in this Age. Compiled and edited by Al Drucker. Published by Atma Press
- Bhagavad Gîtâ: The Divine Song: commentaries on the Gîtâ by Bhagavân Sathya Sai Baba.
- Bhagavad Gita By Sri Swami Sivananda (Divine Life Society)
- The Bhagavad Gita, with essays by W.Q. Judge. (Theosophical Society).
- Bhagavad Gita in Real Audio: a reading of all the verses by Anand Aadhar Prabhu.
- Bhagavad Gita: Lord Krishna's Immortal Song. Sanskrit transliteration and English translation of the Song. Each chapter is preceded by a short summary. Download html (358 k)from : Books by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.
- Bhagavad-gita Wie Sie Ist: the German edition of the Gîtâ
- The Gita Vision by Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj: Inspiring lectures on the first three chapters of the Bhagavad Gîta - the quintessence of the wisdom of the Vedanta. Formats: .pdf (125 k), .html (60 k)
- Online Gita & Vedanta Courses: Forty Online Lessons of Bhagwad Gita & Tattva Bodha, an Introductory text of Advaita Vedanta. Every answer is personally checked and the password for the next lesson is thereafter sent. Lessons are free, the successful students are expected to send some donation to the parent institution. Written & Managed by Poojya Guruji Sri Swami Atmananda Saraswatiji (Vedanta Mission).
- Recitation of the Sanskrit verses of the Bhagavad Gita in mp3.
- Gîta Picture gallery by asitis.com.
- S'rîmad Bhagavad Gîtâ: zipped pdf by By S'rîla Nârâyana Mahârâja
- Bhakta: what it means to be a devotee of Krishna
- Bhakti Links.
- Bhakti Devotion: Love and devotion to the Divine is a path easily traveled to know or merge in the non-dual reality of God's infinite being. A brief discussion. With also the article: Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna Are One.
- Caitanya Bhagavata by Srila Vrindavan das Thakur.
- Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon: At present the Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon contains Monier-Williams' 'Sanskrit-English Dictionary' with approx. 160.000 main entries.
- Chinna Katha: "One Little Story", Stories and Parables Quoted from the Divine Discourses of Bhagavân S'rî Sathya Sai Baba.
- Deityworship.com (ISKCON): Here you can find out how to offer worship to your deities according to the ancient Sanskrit Vedic literature. The content includes - mantras, procedures, photographs, and tutorials, as well as festival information, testimonies, scriptural quotations, audio demonstrations, and much more.
- Dharmakshetra: Weekly Articles, Lives of the Saints , Avatars, Vedic Treasures, Demigods & Goddesses, Divine Soil, Holy Rivers , Yoga for this Age, Sacred Calendar, Spiritual Food - Recipes Transcendental Sounds, Dedication, Picture Gallery, Disclaimer, Exclusive Devotion.
- Divine Mellows : a special wing of Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Tape Ministry dedicated to produce super quality devotional music using the most advanced multi-track digital sound technology.
- Eternal Residents of Vrindavan: site on all the classical characters, the Gopis , friends and superiors.
- Gaudia Vaishnava Library: books and biographiesOn this page you can read on line, or download many books written wrom previous and contemporary vaishnava saints, most in line coming from Gaudiya-Vaishnava-sampradaya. On this page you can read on line, or download many books written wrom previous and contemporary vaishnava saints, most in line coming from Gaudiya-Vaishnava-sampradaya.
- Vaisnava audiobooks: read out in mp3 of books from Bhaktivinoda Thhâkur and Bhaktisiddhânta Sarasvatî Thhâkur and other vaishnava's. Includes the Gîtâ in Sanskrit.
- Gaudia vedanta Library: pdf- and MP.3 downloads from the Sri Gaudia Vedanta Matha. Their mission: 'The bhaktas dependent on Srila Prabhupada's lotus feet are now roaming here and there, uncertain of what to do because they have no place in Caitanya Matha. Our sole duty is to organise them and again preach Srila Prabhupada's instructions far and wide with the same enthusiasm as before'.
- Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu-bindu: Srila Visvanatha Chakravarti Thakura has compiled a well-known summary of the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu of Srila Rupa Goswami. This edition includes the sanskrit summary of Srila Chakravarti Thakura, as well as the Bindu-vikasini-vrtti -commentary of Srila Narayana Maharaja.
- Bhakti Rasayana: This edition of Bhakti-rasayana, "The Nectar-tonic of Devotion", is Srila Narayana Maharaja's commentary on twenty-eight of the Bhakti-rasayana -verses, which are the very essence of the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam. In gradation these verses glorify the devotion of the different classes of devotees in Vraja, culminating in the superlative bhakti of the vraja-gopis.
- Bhakti-tattva-viveka: For the benefit of people in general, in his Bhakti-tattva-viveka Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has presented the grave and deep conceptions of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu in the Bengali language in a straightforward and easily understandable manner. The present edition is an English translation of these four essays.
- Confidential Secrets of Bhajana: Confidential Secrets of Bhajana is compiled from the lectures of Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja, which were given during the Karttika of 1996 in Vrindavana on the Bhajana-rahasya of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
- Going Beyond Vaikuntha; a collection of lectures which were given by Srila Narayana Maharaja on the Brhat-bhagavatamrta of Srila Sanatana Gosvami, describing the transcendental adventure of Gopa Kumara through the different stages of devotion, leading to the ultimate fulfilment of his heart's desire for Vraja-prema.
- Happiness in a Fool's Paradise: Inventions and the advancement of material science are bringing the different parts of the world much closer to each other. Unfortunately, they are also creating many problems. The main problem is that love and affection is disappearing.
- Hari Kathamrta Vol.1: Hari-katha is the life-giving elixire for anyone on the path of devotion. This book is a compilation of sweet Hari-katha given by Srila Narayana Maharaja in the Kesavaji Gaudiya Matha in Mathura.
- Hari Kathamrta Vol.2:The second volume of Hari-katha, translated from the Hindi and Bengali lectures of Srila Narayana Maharaja, is another exquisite selection of lectures filled with the deep siddhanta of Gaudiya Vaisnavism.
- Radiokrishna.com: diverse krishna conscious musicians with classical and modern bhajans and songs.
- Sri Gaudiya Stava Stotram : These exquisite Sanskrit and Bengali compositions are expressions of the beautiful pure devotion which resides within the hearts of the greatest Vaisnava-acaryas. This songbook will certainly prove to be very useful for all sincere sadhakas.
- Sri Hari-Nama Maha-mantra: This booklet contains a beautiful drop from the unlimited ocean of the glory and sweetness of Sri Harinama, including commentaries on the Maha-mantra by Srila Jiva Gosvami, Srila Gopal Guru Gosvami and Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
- Sri Manah Siksa: Sri Manah Siksa includes thirteen verses by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, in which Dasa Gosvami instructs his mind in the process of bhajana. The present edition includes the commentary of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, as well as an elaboration on select points by Srila Narayana Maharaja.
- Sri Prabandhavali: Observing the festival days outlined in the Vaisnava calendar is an important aspect of devotional practice. This book is a compilation of lectures given by Srila Narayana Maharaja on the appearance- and disappearance days of the great Gaudiya Vaisnava-acaryas.
- Sri Siksastakam: The present edition of Sri Siksastakam includes the original eight instructions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with the commentaries of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, and Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja.
- Sri Stavamrta-lahari: The Stavamrta-lahari is a beautiful collection of poems and prayers by Srila Chakravarti Thakura. This edition contains sixteen astakams from the Stavamrta-lahari, as translated from the Hindi edition of Srila Narayana Maharaja.
- Sri Upadesamrta.: For the benefit of all living beings, Srila Rupa Gosvami churned the ocean of Sriman Mahaprabhu's instructions and extracted the essence in the form of the Sri Upadesamrta. The present edition includes the commentaries of Radha-ramana Gosvami, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura.
- Sri Vilapa Kusumanjali -nectar: an elevated composition of one-hundred and eight verses written by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. This book contains nine insightful lectures by Srila Narayana Maharaja on the secrets of Sri Vilapa-kusumanjali
- Stava-mala is a collection of beautiful prayers from the heart of Srila Rupa Gosvami. This edition contains excerpts from the Stava-mala, as translated from the Hindi edition of Srila Narayana Maharaja.
- The Butter Thief: The combination of vast spiritual erudition with poetic artistry is extremely rare in this world, but in his Gopal Campu, Sri Jiva Gosvami combined them in an astonishing way. This booklet is compiled from Srila Narayana Maharaja's lectures, in which he relates these very same pastimes.
- The Essence of Bhagavad-gita: This is a summary work examining the man-mana bhava-verse, the essence of the Bhagavad-gita. This brief publication offers vivid illustrations of the practical application of this verse with many pastimes of Krishna and our great saintly predecessors.
- The Nectar of Govinda-lila: The Nectar of Govinda-lila includes an extensive commentary on the man-mana bhava -verse, the jewel of the Bhagavad-gita. Additionally, The Nectar of Govinda-lila presents two chapters discussing Basanta Pancami and Nisanta-bhajana.
- To Be Controlled by Love.There is a place where being controlled is so lovely and full of affection that it makes us really happy. This control with love begins with service to Gurudeva. Even Krishna wants to be controlled by His friends' love and affection for Him.
- Venu-gita: This edition of Venu-gita is the beautiful commentary of Srila Narayana Maharaja on the 21st chapter of the 10th Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, "The Song of Krishna's flute", which is spoken by the cowherd damsels of Vraja in their deep emotional turmoil upon hearing the sound of Sri Krishna's flute.
- Gaudya Kirtana: downloads in mp3 of some kirtanas recorded in various places around the Vraja-mandala and Gauda-mandala. May they inspire your devotion.
- Gîrivâni: site next to Valmiki's Ramâyana presenting the Gîta Govindam of Jayadeva, the Raghuvamsha of Kavikalidas, the Ritu Samhâram of Kavi Kalidas and a discussion of Nataraj symbolism.
- Hare Krishna View on Science - ISKCON Bhaktivedanta Institute Amsterdam.
- Hindu Scriptures: basic info.
- Hindu lexicon: Hinduism's Online Lexicon.
- History of the Parampara, the disciplic succession that stimulated the translation of the Bhâgavatam offered on this site. (see also ISKCON about this).
- Ibiblio: S'rîPedia an initiative that attempts to provide universal access in a self-study environment to the numerous texts and related commentaries, explanations etc. that comprise the body of Vedic knowledge.
- ISKCON.COM: Hare Krishna community main site
- Indian Philosophy: e-texs of the Vaishnava acarya's.
- Jagannatha's Chakra - Committed to open-minded, inclusive and compassionate Krishna Conscious News, Views and Discussion.
- Jesus and Krishna: a site from vaishnava Prithu das Adhikary on this subject.
- Jiva Institute: Jiva, for the fusion of traditional Indian wisdom, culture, science and philosophy with modern technology and life style, has over 2000 old and rare Sanskrit books written on mango leaves and tree bark. Many of these works are in fragile condition, so they are preserving and scanning them, and making them available online.
- ISKCON Communications Journal: read articles from ISKCON devotees.
- Is this Hinduism? A critical review of the selfdenial of the Hindu.
- India chronology from archeological evidence.
- Kirtana: mp3's of vaishnava music of different acarya's
- Kirtan.org: Here you will find an excellent source of information about the sacred tradition of sankirtan, or the congregational chanting of the Holy Name of the Lord.
- Index of Krishnabase - Vaisnava Library: a great resource of nectar for your spiritual elevation. Here you can either browse through different files or simply use the search engine for particular word or phrase.
- Krishna Leela: Kishna as Lover
- Krishna Path Library: Free Download Vedic Books! Mission statement Krishna Path Library is for your convenience and reference. Although we cannot endorse everything you find here we aim at simply presenting it to you for your own research.' See also their Prabhupâda free e-books and audio-books section.
- Krishna science: the Hare Krishna vieuw to science. A step closer to understand Krishna.
- Krishna Temples in Mathura, India: a description by temple.net.
- Krishna The Divine Lover in Indian Art: Article.
- Languages and scripts from India: links.
- Locana dâsa Thâkura: SrI Caitanya-mangala: book on the life and mission of Lord Krishna-Caitanaya Mahaprabhu. (300 kb zip-file).
- Loi bazaar: the unofficial Vaishnava chamber of commerce and web-directory.
- Lord Balarâma's Appearance day: links and text to the honor of Balarâma.
- Mahâbhârata:the story arund the battle of Kuruksetra as conceived by Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji.
- Indian Idylls: from the Sanscrit; exerpts from the Mahâbhârata by Edwin Arnold 1907
- The Mâhabhârata, R. Dutt translator (1899): an abridged verse translation of one of the two longest epic poems in world literature, the Mahabharata. This translation is surprisingly readable and very moving once you get used to the rhymed couplet format.
- Book I - The Tournament 21,972 bytes
- Book II - The Bride's Choice 23,647 bytes
- Book III - The Imperial Sacrifice 24,968 bytes
- Book IV - The Fatal Dice 23,221 bytes
- Book V - Woman's Love 32,949 bytes
- Book VI - Cattle-Lifting 24,156 bytes
- Book VII - The Council of War 25,108 bytes
- Book VIII - Fall of Bhishma 34,525 bytes
- Book IX - Fall of Drona 31,706 bytes
- Book X - Fall of Karna 27,659 bytes
- Book XI - Funeral Rites 18,110 bytes
- Book XII - Sacrifice of the Horse 46,646 bytes
- Conclusion 4,535 bytes
- Epilogue 25,469 bytes
- Mâhabhârata in Sanskrit
- City information of Mathura, India: Vrindavana and its temples.
- Mantra's on-line. Basic mantra's sung on line by the Vrindavan music company.
- Manu's laws: The Laws of Manu, George Bühler, translator Manu was the legendary first man, the Adam of the Hindus. This is a collection of laws attributed to Manu.
- Master Glossary of vedic terms (by the Sathya Sai organization).
- Online Hare Krishna Temple: directory of selected Krishna sites.
- Pure Bhakti: the site of Prabhupâda's most respectred godbrother S'rîla Nârâyana mahiarâja.: downloads of books and lectures.
- The Purana's -apart from the Bhagavata and the Ramayana (abstracts):
- Introduction into the Purana's
- A Description of their names and numbers of verses
- All eighteen described by urday.com
- Brahma Purana Sanskrit Text
- Ganesha Purana Upasanakanda: the first three chapters.
- Padma Purana
- Vishnu Purana | see also sacred texts-index: Vishnu Purâna
- Varaha Purana
- Kurma Purana
- The Nilamata purana
- Agni Purana
- Agni-Purana: A summarized translation with explanatory notes
- Vamana Purana
- Brahma Purana
- Skandha purana Project: the verses in sanskrit (R.U.G)
- The Kanda Puranam, or Tamil version of the Skanda Purana, was written by Kachiappa Siva¯cha¯ryar of Kumara Kottam at Kanchipuram.
- (New) The Maha Purânas: the twelve great Purânas listed discussed and provided with downloads.
- Radha-Krisna-consciousness: is for O and A level studies english schooling system.
- Introduction into the Ramâyana
- Ramâyana: the story of Rama as conceived by Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji.
- Ramâyanam in languages.
- Ramkatha Rasa Vahini: the story according Bhâgavan S'rî Sathya Sai Baba.
- Vâlmiki Ramâyana: The by the paramaparâ preferred version of the Râmâyana in word for word translations, Sanskrit and proze.
- Tulsi Ramâyana: S'rî Râmacaritamânasa (in pdf by Gita Press). It is an abbreviated version with less respect for the vaishnava point of view concerning the qualities by bhakti as opposed to qualities by birth.
- Web Resources for The Ramâyana (from Berkely.edu)
- The Kyoto Sangyo University Computer Center archive: downloads of Sanskrit texts of Mahâbhârat, Ramâyana and other vedic texts in Prof. Tokunaga's original encoding (see also Prof. John Smith's CSX version).
- Online Ramâyana of onlinedarshan.com: with Sanskrit verses, audio-files and English translation.
- Ramâyana: the story of Rama as conceived by Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji
- What is the Ramâyana?: short collection of essential links.
- Valmiki Ramâyana in Sankrit as being translated and presented by Sri Desiraju Hanumanta Rao.
- Srîmad Ramâyana: The Travels of Râma byValmeeki Muni (volume 1)
- Ramâyana Homepage by Hindunet.
- Stories from the Ramayana and other stories of Hinduism. Transcriptions from lectures at the Bhakivedanta ashram, Mysore India.
- Sundara Kanda: Hanuman's Odyssey by B.S Murthy.
- The Ramâyana, R. Dutt Tr. (1899) This is an abridged verse translation of one of the two longest epic poems in world literature, the Ramayana. Th.is translation is surprisingly readable and very moving once you get used to the rhymed couplet format.
Book I - The Bridal of Sita 26,609 bytes
Book II - The Banishment 37,768 bytes
Book III - The Death of the King 45,527 bytes
Book IV - The Meeting of the Princes 24,684 bytes
Book V - On the Banks of the Godavari 20,710 bytes
Book VI - Sita Lost 27,497 bytes
Book VII - In the Nilgiri Mountains 24,211 bytes
Book VIII - Sita Discovered 14,680 bytes
Book IX - The Council of War 15,767 bytes
Book X - The War in Ceylon 42,868 bytes
Book XI - Rama's Return and Consecration 15,791 bytes
Book XII - Sacrifice of the Horse 40,759 bytes
Conclusion 2,372 bytes
Epilogue 25,683 bytes
- Vâlmiki Ramâyana: The Râmâyana in word for word translations, Sanskrit and proze.
- Vâlmiki Ramâyana: complete in proze, no word for word or sanskrit.
- Web Resources for The Ramâyana (from Berkeley.edu).
- Ramâyana in sanskrit
- Rigveda (on-line versions) and Upanishad's (link-collection) by Hindunet.
- Sanskrit: An Introductory Course based on S'rîla Jîva Gosvâmî's Grammar
- Apte Sanskrit Dictionary search: This is a Web Sanskrit Dictionary based on "The Practical Sanskrit-English Dictionary'' of Vaman Shivaram Apte.
- A tribute to Hinduism: Sanskrit - article
- Capeller's Sanskrit Dictionary At present the digital version of Cappeller's Sanskrit Dictionary (1891) contains approx. 50.000 main entries.
- Encyclopedia for Epics of Ancient India: This online encyclopedia contains materials from Dowson's Classical Dictionary of Hindu Mythology (public domain) and links to other online resources. To find out more about the images displayed, click on the small image to see a larger version and to learn more about the image.
- Gaudiya Grantha Mandira - A Sanskrit Text Repository
- Glossary of Sathya Sai Baba's Vahini's : This glossary contains Sanskrit words, people, places, and literature that appear in the fifteen Vahinis and Sandeha Nivarini, all written in Telugu by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and translated into English by N. Kasturi.
- Glossary of terms This list of Sanskrit words is compiled from Ayurvedic, Buddhist, Tantric and Vedic texts.
- Glossary at Krishna.com: glossary with spoken text.
- Glossary of Terms by New Pani Hani ISKCON Atlanta.
- Hare Krishna temple Encyclopdia: a glossary of terms
- Hindu and Sanskrit Dictionary
- Hindu dictionary: from Global oneness Commitment.
- Lexicon of Names, Essential Terms and Sanskrit Words to the S'rîmad Bhâgavatam and the Bhagavad Gîtâ: with pdf-downlaod.
- Learn Sanskrit through self-study: Interactive on-line lessons with tutor
- A good course in Sanskrit is also found at vedamu.org
- Loving Ganesha: Sabdavali Glossary by the himalayan academy.
- Sanskrit dictionary: (Monier-Williams' 'Sanskrit-English Dictionary'). HTML-version
- Sanskrit dictionary Mwsdd: is a interface to the cologne(university of köln) digital Sanskrit project, wich is a digitized form of the Monier Williams dictionary. It's a windows program wich you can locally install on your PC alongside with the huge 16MB dictionary file created by the university of köln wich contains about 160.000 entries.
- Sanskrit Documents: List.
- Sanskrit Pronunciation Guide: a simplified guide to pronunciation of Sanskrit phonemes largely from the work of Charles Wikner, with help from Indian friends Vikas Alathur and Anima Pundeer.
- Sacr Sanskrit Introductory Course (wikner).
- Sanskrit: complete course on the alphabet, readings, conjugations, inflections, abbreviations, Lessons.
- Sanskit dictionary: downloadable list.
- Sanskrit Grammarian: check the declensions for each word.
- Sanskrit & Sanskrito: the sun of Sanskrit knowledge
- Sanskrit Studies: links and information.
- Sanskrit lessons of T.V.N. Svami:
- Sanskrit Texts and Stotras: Study Sanskrit, read Sanskrit texts, listen to Vedic pundits chant, or read Sanksrit humor. This site contains a wide variety of Sanskrit texts and stotras in the pdf format, which you can view or print for your personal use. Most of the texts are in Devanagari script, some with English translation. Many of the sahasranam texts are also encoded in transliteration (by popular demand). A lot of attention has been put into formatting the texts for maximum aesthetic appeal and ease of use.
- Storytelling Monk: definitions: a Sanskrit glossary
- Sundara Kãnda: Hanuman's Odyssey" If Mahabharata's Bhagvad-Gita is taken as a philosophical guide, Ramayana's Sundara Kãnda is sought for spiritual solace. By BS Murthy.
- The Gaudya Grantha Mandira Sanskrit Text Repository Dedicated to the fond memory of Edward C. Dimock, teacher and friend, ground-breaking scholar of Caitanya Vaisnavism, translator of the Caitanya-caritamrta of Krsnadasa Kaviraja. This repository of texts is an effort to collect, edit, and make available important and often rare Sanskrit and Bengali texts that belong to the Caitanya Vaisnava tradition. It is for the use of any and all scholars of Sanskrit, Bengali, and the Caitanya Vaisnava tradition. It will eventually contain carefully edited and proofread editions of the whole corpus of Caitanya Vaisnava texts and many other important Sanskrit texts from other traditions and fields of study. The texts are available in the Postscript (.ps), Portable Document Format (.pdf) and Microsoft Word (.doc) formats and will require the necessary viewing software and/or fonts available from the index-page.
- Encyclopedia of Hindu Mythological words
- Encyclopedia of Yoga: traditional yoga-studies.
- Yoga terms on Windsor castle, see also: Yoga-lore & Hindu wisdom.
- Sacred text Index: Hindu texts. With e.g. the Vishnu Purâna. (see also Linking Library-Hindusim).
- Songs of the Vaishnav Acarya's: text and translation with crossreferences.
- Spiritual Sky: The path to Vrâja: An online library. The goal of this web site is to collect important ideas and writings of individuals in such a way that a concurrent theme can be recognized. First to reveal the complete system for both individual and social positive evolution. Second to recognize the unity of all religion and awareness of the area where religion and social-political philosophy combine. We are all together under a spiritual sky.
- Sri Caitanya-Caranamrta commentary on the Sri Caitanya Upanisad by BhaktivinodThâkur: and other pages on Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Studies in Consciousness: A Vedic explanation and analysis of the three states of consciousness, viz., the wakeful state, dreamful state, and the state of deep sleep.
- Tattva-siddhanta: enunciated eternal truths:
- Telugu Bhakti pages with transliterations and audio.
- The Spirit Search Directoy: Hindu-links: specific Hindu-links and other alternative links.
- Telugu Bhakti Pages: A one stop free site on Slokas and stotras in Telugu. The most useful site for Telugu People around the globe.
- Thesaurus Indogermanischer Text- und Sprachmaterialien
- The Upanishads:
- Max Müller, translator (1879) The Upanishads are a continuation of the Vedic philosophy, and were written between 800 and 400 B.C. They elaborate on how the soul (Atman) can be united with the ultimate truth (Brahman) through contemplation and mediation, as well as the doctrine of Karma-- the cumulative effects of a persons' actions.
- Introduction to the Upanishads, vol. 1 (
Includes the Preface to the Sacred Books of the East, Program of a Translation of the Sacred Books of the East and the Introduction to volume 1 of the Upanishads.
- Introduction to the Upanishads, vol. 2
- Sanderson Beck
- (Introduction to) The Philosophy of the Upanishads.
- Swami Nikhilananda:
- Upanishads:the most scientific spirit in connection with spiritual enquiry as conceived by Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji
- The Upanishad's, offered by the Yoga Anand Ashram.
- ° The Upanishads infopage of The Advaita-Vedanta homepage: The upanishads that have been commented upon by Sankara and other teachers have have acquired extra significance as the principal or more or less "canonical" upanishads.
- Upanishads:the most scientific spirit in connection with spiritual enquiry as conceived by Chakravarty Raj Gopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji.
- The Upanishads online of onlinedarshan.com: thirteen in English
Isavasya OR Isa Upanisad
The Mundaka Upanisad
- Upanishad Vahini: Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba discusses the essence of the upanishads (download 139 Kb).
- Tourist information for visiting Mathura, India, the birthplace of Lord Sri Krishna.
- Urday.com: an overvieuw of the complete of the Hindu literatures: all the purana's, the veda's and other great scriptures described one by one, chapter by chapter.
- Vaishnava articles and links by Nandanandana dasa (Stephen Knapp).
- Vaishnava Saints: translated and compiled from original bengali sources.
- Vaishnava Times: news from the Vaishnava Community (ISKCON).
- Vaishnava writers: the scriptorium; the main works of the âcârya's
- Vaishnava vedic-hindu Literature:
- Ancient Vedic Texts
- Sri Chaitanya-upanishad of the Artharva Veda
- Sri Brahma Samhita (with commentaries of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati and Srila Jiva Goswami)
- Gopala-Tapani Upanishad (with commentaries of Vishvanatha Chakravarti and Baladeva Vidyabhushana)
- Aitareya Upanishad
- Chaitanya Upanishad of the Atharva Veda
- Ashtavakra Gita
- Categorized list of the Puranas
- Agni Purana
- Selections from Bhavishya Purana
- Other ancient writings by various Gurus and Spiritual Teachers
- Bhaja Govinda of Sri Shankaracharya
- Mukunda-mala Stotra of Kulashekara Alvar
- Aishvarya-kadambini of Baladeva Vidyabhushana
- Lalitashtakam of Sri Rupa Goswami
- Tattva Sutra of Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Dasamula-niryas (Part One) of Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Dasamula-niryas (Part Two) of Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Navadvipa Mahatmya of Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Tattva Viveka of Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Tattva-muktavali (Mayavada-shata-dushani)
- Chanakya's Niti Shastra
- "Assuming Responsibility of being Guru" An essay by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati.
- Vedanta Spiritual Library: Vedanta Literature, Hindu Scriptures, Spiritual Books and other writings related to Sanatana Dharma [Bhagavad Gita, Brahma-Sutra, 108+ Upanishads, Vedic Hymns, 60+ Stotras of Adi Sankara, 400+ Other Stotras, Purana Stories and 150+ Carnatic Music Kritis] are here at Vedanta Spiritual Library to inspire and bestow on us right Knowledge that would help us to attain Devotion, Wisdom and Self Realization [Jeevan Mukti] which is the summum bonum of Human Life.
- The Veda's
- A Vedic Reader for Students by A.A. Macdonell (1917) (excerpts) 121,143 bytes. This text serves as an introduction to the dramatis personae of the Rig Veda.
- The Rig-Veda, Griffith, tr. (1896) This is a complete English translation of the Rig Veda.
- Rig-Veda (Sanskrit). This is a complete ITRANS transcription of the Rig Veda in Sanskrit.
- Sama-Veda samhita: complete text on-line
- The Sama-Veda, Griffith tr. (1895) 282,861 bytes. The Sama Veda is a collection of hymns used by the priests during the Soma sacrifice. Many of these duplicate in part or in whole hymns from the Rig Veda. This is a complete translation.
- The Yajur Veda A.B. Keith tr. (1914) This is a complete translation of the Yajur Veda. The Yajur Veda is a detailed manual of the Vedic sacrificial rites.
- The Atharva-Veda, Bloomfield tr. (1897) 348,474 bytes The Atharva Veda also contains material from the Rig Veda, but of interest are the numerous incantations and metaphysical texts, which this anthology (part of the Sacred Books of the East series) collects and categorizes. The Atharva Veda was written down much later than the rest of the Vedas, about 200 B.C.; it may have been composed about 1000 B.C.
- The Rigveda - A Historical Analysis by Shrikant Talageri.
- The Rig Veda.
- Rigveda (on-line versions) and Upanishad's (link-collection) by Hindunet.
- Download the Saamaveda.
- The Vedic Experience : an e-book.The Vedas are mankind's oldest scriptures considered by Hindus to be a direct revelation of God. One of the finest translations to the English Language is done by Professor Raimon Pannikar, who now lives in a small mountain village in Spain. Himalaya n Academy has been commissioned to publish his 1000-page anthology of the Vedic Experience in a special edition in the West, while Motilal Banarsidas has produced the Indian edition. In July of 1995 permission was given for these Vedic verses to be published on the World Wide Web: all the seven parts of Vedic Experience on line.
- The Tree of Vedic Literature: A detailed analysis explaining the importance and interrelation between various branches of Vedic texts.
- Veda Samhita's and Upanishads: Sri Aurobindo kapali atry Institute: translations of the vedic texts.
- Time Line of Hindu History: the new model, held by all modern scholars, refuting the old of Max Muller that states that there was an aryan invasion and that the culture wouldn't be older than 3.500 years. Read also the editorial.
- (Swedish) Veda: Detta är några religiösa skrifter från det antika Indien. Inte så mycket än, kanske, men det kommer nog upp mer och mer ska ni se :). Bhagavad-Gîtâ, Srîmad-Bhâgavatam.
- ° VEDA - Vedas and Vedic Knowledge Online: Comprehensive information resource on Bhakti-yoga, Vedic philosophy and culture. Vedic Encyclopedia. Vedic Library.
- Vegetarian Recipes and Resources: Vegetarianism is especially recommended for those who want to follow a truly spiritual lifestyle.
- Een Lied van Geluk- Een moderne Gîtâ (klassieke versie). Gnosis is de spirituele kennis van de Christelijkheid die niet alleen alle Christenen verbindt, maar ook alle anderen die geloven in een ideale geest. Om die reden werd, wat betreft dit ware mysterie, in deze moderne versie van de Bhagavad Gîtâ de kennis van het vinden van bevrijding in de geest filognosie genoemd, de liefde voor de gnosis, de liefde om op de hoogte te zijn van en verbonden te zijn in spirituele aangelegenheden.
- De Bergrede in het licht van de Vedanta-leer: Swami Prabhavananda .
- Bhagavad Gîtâ: Krishna en de Zingende Filosoof, een studie naar de muziek en filosofie van de Caitanya-vaishnava's. Een commentaar op de eerste vier hoofdstukken van de Bhagvad Gîtâ, met afbeeldingen, muziek en woordenlijst.
- De Bhagavad Gîtâ: vertaling naar de Ramanad Prasad versie (ook en Francais and in English).
- De Bhagavad Gîta: van de International Gita Society; ook in Sanskriet, Hindi, Frans , Engels en Portugees.
- De Gîtâ Society van België: De Gîtâ volledig op het net gezet door Philippe De Coster met commentaar en in andere talen. (ook in Mp3-Engels - Prabhupâda-version)
- Isa Upanisad: vedische filosofie.
- ISKCON-Nederland: de officiële homepage van de Hare Krishna's in Nederland.
- Kena Upanisad: vedische filosofie.
- Lexicon van Namen, Kernbegrippen en Sanskriet termen behorende bij het S'rîmad Bhâgavatam en de Bhagavad Gîtâ: met pdf-download.
- Onbekend maakt Onbemind - de Nederlanse Hindoe in Beeld!; een boek online over de Hindoe in Nederland naar aanleiding van het 15-jarig bestaan van de Shri Saraswatie School in Rotterdam.
- S'rîmad Bhâgavatam eerste en tweede editie, vers voor vers en het proza: boek voor boek, hoofdstuk voor hoofstuk (html) met afbeeldingen, muziek, downloads, Sanskriet en links.
- S'rimad Bhâgavatam: lessen in wijsheid; inleiding tot de eerste negen Canto's.
- S'rimad Bhâgavatam: Krishna legenden: Canto's 10-12 besproken.
- Bhagavad Gîtâ van Orde: een vertaling zo getrouw naar het oorspronkelijke Sanskriet als mogelijk met woord voor woord vertalingen, de voorgaande versie, afbeeldingen en voorgelezen in Real Audio.
- Bhagavad Gîtâ door W.Q Judge van het theosofish genootschap (zie Stichting I.S.I.S.).
- S'rî Hayes'var das: de oorspronkelijke vertaler van de indiase klassieken in Nederland. Een site ter zijner nagedachtenis, met zijn vertalingen en omdichtingen van de klassieken, met name de Bhagavad Gîtâ en het S''rîmad Bhâgavatam canto 10 & 11. Ook voor Kinderen heeft hij een bewerking van het tiende Canto.
- S'rîmad Bhâgavatam - Krishna legende: verkorte versie van Canto's tien, elf en twaalf door Swami Prabhavananda. Pdf-ebook download 1.3 mb; uitg. Sri Ramakrishna math, madras.